TCF COVID-19 Response Appeal
In April 2020, The Citizens Foundation launched its COVID-19 Response Appeal to battle the devastating impact of the coronavirus crisis. Under this appeal, 20% of Sadqah, Zakat, or general donations given to TCF went towards providing essential relief to impacted communities and support to frontline healthcare professionals, along with ensuring continuity of learning for millions of children who were forced to stay out of school.
Sustaining TCF Communities
We provided cash-based relief to struggling families in our most vulnerable school communities.
- The relief efforts were led by thousands of TCF teachers and alumni who identified the most deserving households suffering amid the lockdown.
- We partnered with JazzCash to disburse relief via mobile-cash transfers for impacted households.
- Upon receiving relief funds, the families purchased groceries from their own neighbourhoods, which gave a boost to the economic activity in the community.
- Relief (in PKR)
Supporting Healthcare Professionals
We supported frontline healthcare professionals and volunteers with protective gear they urgently needed.
- We provided support to remote hospitals and clinics across Pakistan that were in urgent need of help.
- Our kits included non-woven 60GSM coverall, N-95 masks and latex gloves
- The protective gear helped in protecting our frontline fighters – doctors, nurses, clinical staff and healthcare volunteers – braving the frontlines to save lives.
- PPE Kits
- Healthcare Centers
- Worth (in PKR)
Ensuring continuity of learning
TCF designed and launched the Distance Learning and Support Programme in response to the pandemic.
- TCF made its first foray in TV-based edutainment with Ilm Ka Aangan, in collaboration with Pakistan Television’s Tele-school and Federal Ministry of Education
- We also published an edutainment magazine for primary and secondary school learners separately
- We launched small tutoring groups in school communities to enable learning amid school closures
- TV Show Viewers
- Copies of Magazine
- Volunteer Tutors
Our Distance Learning and Support Programme, developed in response to the COVID-19 pandemic ensured that our students stay connected even with no access to digital tools for online education.